The 5 Commandments of An Unhealthy Work Environment
The five commandments of an unhealthy work environment:
- Don’t think.
- If you think, don’t say anything
- If you said something, don’t write it.
- If you wrote it, don’t sign it.
- If you signed it, don’t be surprised with what’s about to happen next!
We’ve all faced these at one point or another in our careers, so how can we avoid this work environment?
Look for companies that practice what they preach and expect their employees to:
- Speak openly
- Provide fearless feedback
- Be accountable and hold each other accountable
- Never Fear
But wait, how do you find them you ask?
Simply put, google them and do your homework. HR Departments Google potential candidates so why not Google potential employers? Visit their LinkedIn & Twitter profiles, their website and read their blog. You should also consider talking to past & current employees on LinkedIn to get their insight on their work experience at the company. Lastly, consider searching for the company name on one of these sites:
Once you find what you’re looking for, you’ll not only find a healthy work environment, but you’ll also find the recipe for personal growth & success.
Disagree? Agree? I’d love to hear from you!